- Order Number 269726
- Total Positions Available 1
- Zip Code 48124
- Skills Required • Detailed knowledge of vehicle CAN and Ethernet protocols. • System engineering thinking with a strong understanding of vehicle sensors, networks and software. • Adaptability to a rapidly changing product landscape while using and developing best practices. • Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and timelines. • An innovative and customer-focused approach to problem solving and system development. • Strategic thinking, resulting in flexible and scalable designs within the global vehicle architectures. • Ability to work collaboratively under compressed timelines and sporadic heavy workloads. • Self-learner of new concepts • Ability to work with global engineering, design, and marketing areas who may each follow unique protocols. • Understanding of human-centric design for an optimized user experience.
- Skills Preferred • Detailed knowledge of digital and analog camera systems, RTP/RTSP streaming protocol, encoding (e.g. H264), and cybersecurity considerations.
- Experience Required Experience with automotive system architecture.
- Experience Preferred • 3+ years of experience in Connected Vehicle and Mobility space or a similar automotive system development role • Master degree is a plus • Experience in a Connected Vehicle and Mobility space • Good understanding of embedded modem architecture and vehicle to cloud connectivity • Experience with IoT (Internet of things), vehicle telematics, cellular communications, telematics service providers, in-vehicle connectivity features implementations, cloud architecture, data analytics, V2V communications, embedded telecommunication devices.
- Education Required BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering
- Education Preferred Master degree is a plus
- Broadcast Date 16.05.2019
Primary responsibilities • Specification development for vehicle streaming feature(s) including functional requirements, interface specifications, design reviews, FMEA, and validation procedures. • Technical system design enabling scalable and efficient transmission of video and sensor data to the vehicle and the cloud. • Analysis and specification of performance characteristics for streaming features – e.g. video image quality and sensor resolution and transmission rates. • Collaborate with interfacing engineering groups to define core feature compliance with vehicle technical, architecture and service requirements. • Together with User Experience and Human Machine Interface groups, drive a design optimizing the connected feature customer experience. • Ensure connected streaming feature compliance with cybersecurity and regulatory requirements for global markets. • In-depth system and architecture design analyses – e.g. timing stackups and potential race conditions that could cause unintended operation or application lock up. • Determine root cause for software open issues discovered during the development process. Recommend and implement interim and permanent containment actions. • Lead change requests when necessary, champion CR’s through the process and work with impacted Connected vehicle components for analysis and implementation. • Competitive benchmarking and technology roadmap development to guide future product definition. • Maintain open issue list, review, track and report on progress.
Related Jobs (10)
Software Engineer Controls on May 21, 2019
Analyst General/Engineering on May 21, 2019
Systems Engineering Senior on May 21, 2019
Cyber Security Senior on May 21, 2019
Systems Engineering Consultant/Expert on May 21, 2019
Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic on May 21, 2019
Operations Management Senior on May 16, 2019
Manufacturing Eng Electrical / Electronic on May 16, 2019
Product Designer Senior on May 16, 2019
Product Designer Associate on May 16, 2019